Rochester Area Right to Life Committee, Inc (RARTL) is affiliated with the National and New York State Committes to plan/implement effective legal activities for area pro-life individuals, groups and churches. The Organization is alligned along three focal points: the Committee itself, the Education Fund, and the Political Action group (PAC)
- Monitors/ publizes information re: Federal, State, County legislation on life issues.
- Informs members of effective communication of pro-life positions through written/phone/e-mail communication and arranges opportunities for personal legislative involvement, e.g. bus trip to Albany.
- Seeks/uses available public events, e.g. fairs to share pro-life information
- Helps establish campus student pro-life groups
- Cooperates with other groups in publizing education and lobbying activities e.g. annual bus trip to Washington to commerate anniversary of 1/22/73 U.S.Supreme Court abortion decision.
- Trains/schedules speakers for Life Issue presentations upon request.
Education Fund and Political Action are two ” internal ” committees. Although responsible to the RARTL Committee Board of Directors, these committees work in distinct areas and maintain separate treasuries.
Education Fund (501-C-3) Seeks to identify and maintain the most current, reliable information re. abortion, infanticide and euthanasia. Distributes written, verbal and visual information as widely as possible to the general public.
- Provides literature and audiovisuals re. fetal development, abortion, infanticide and euthanasia to individuals, schools, churches and civic groups. (Largest pro-life library in Monroe county.)
- Publishes a bi-monthly newsletter summarizing issue and activity information for distribution to individuals and groups requesting it.
- Advertises to inform public and increase awareness of life issues.
- Maintains a speakers’ bureau for presentations to local organizations.
Political Action Identifies, publicizes and supports pro-life candidates seeking elective offices.
- Working with National and NY State RTL Political Action Committees, surveys and interviews candidates and examines previous voting records to make candidate endorsements.
- Publicizes endorsements in the community via mailings and other appropriate means.
- Provides volunteer help to candidates.
Our goal is to educate ourselves and the public about the issues surrounding the protection of innocent human life from conception to natural death: to restore respect and protection for the lives of the unborn, newborn, handicapped, terminally ill and elderly who are potential victims of abortion, infanticide or euthanasia.