- Monitors/ publizes information re: Federal, State, County legislation on life issues.
- Informs members of effective communication of pro-life positions through written/phone/e-mail communication and arranges opportunities for personal legislative involvement, e.g. bus trip to Albany.
- Seeks/uses available public events, e.g. fairs to share pro-life information
- Helps establish campus student pro-life groups
- Cooperates with other groups in publizing education and lobbying activities e.g. annual bus trip to Washington to commerate anniversary of 1/22/73 U.S.Supreme Court abortion decision.
- Trains/schedules speakers for Life Issue presentations upon request.
- Provides literature and audiovisuals re. fetal development, abortion, infanticide and euthanasia to individuals, schools, churches and civic groups. (Largest pro-life library in Monroe county.)
- Publishes a bi-monthly newsletter summarizing issue and activity information for distribution to individuals and groups requesting it.
- Advertises to inform public and increase awareness of life issues.
- Maintains a speakers’ bureau for presentations to local organizations.
- Working with National and NY State RTL Political Action Committees, surveys and interviews candidates and examines previous voting records to make candidate endorsements.
- Publicizes endorsements in the community via mailings and other appropriate means.
- Provides volunteer help to candidates.
Our goal is to educate ourselves and the public about the issues surrounding the protection of innocent human life from conception to natural death: to restore respect and protection for the lives of the unborn, newborn, handicapped, terminally ill and elderly who are potential victims of abortion, infanticide or euthanasia.